Saturday, November 8, 2008

11/8/08

1. Yet *another* trip to Target--this time Halloween was marked down 90%. I only got a few things (it was VERY picked over) but now I don't feel like I missed out on anything! lol We also got C. a new cell phone at Costco. She got the LG Shine and she is thrilled!

2. Wonderful Mother-Daughter Book Club. The hostess (Michelle) always makes delicious food, and we got to speak with the author of the book we read this month (The Remarkable & Very True Story of Lucy & Snowcap by H. M. Bouwman).

3. Because she was reading and re-reading the same books over and over (Junie B. Jones, My Weird School, etc.), I asked M. if she wanted to try some longer books. She picked the Little House books to try. M's about halfway through "Little House in the Big Woods" and she is *loving* it! It's so fun to see her excited about reading--and especially about reading a series that I loved and that C. loved!

1 comment:

True Mama said...

Oh, I can't wait to start reading chapter books to Henry! How fun. :)