Saturday, July 5, 2008

7/5/08

1. Finally convinced myself to write some practice essays for the GRE's. It was nice to have bitten the bullet and done that.

2. Quick trip to the mall with C. and a friend; the weather was beautiful and I spent 68 cents total. :)

3. Super yummy supper--turkey breast on the grill (I HAVE to do that again and maybe try the same method* with a whole chicken), rosemary seasoned potatoes (rosemary from the garden), Greek salad and watermelon.

4. Wonderful pep talk from an online friend who took the GRE's and got into the Grad School of her choice (accepted at two of them!). I don't know if I am any more confident, but I do feel a bit better about my possibilities.

5. First family bike ride on the trail with M. on her own bike. She did SO well--riding on the right, using the brakes to slow down or stop, etc. And SO cute to see her ride as fast as she could with no fear of cars!


*turkey roasting method:
Season turkey breast inside and out with McCormick's Montreal Chicken Seasoning. Place turkey breast in disposable pan with half boullion cube and 1/2 cup water. Cover tightly with foil. Turn on burners 1 and 3 on the grill. Center turkey packet between burners. Watch thermometer to get it to 325. About 45 minutes before you think it'll be done, uncover and wipe down the turkey with olive oil. (at this point, I put the potatoes on the grill) Continue cooking until breast reaches temp of 170 degrees. Let sit 10 minutes before carving

No comments: