Saturday, June 14, 2008

6/14/08

1. Beautiful day weather-wise! Clear skies, dry (not terribly humid, either), and no bugs yet.

2. We got lots of yard work done; the people came and ground the stump of the birch, and G. hauled that new mulch to all the flower beds; G. took out another evergreen shrub that was at the base of the birch, but looked foolish once the birch was gone; I weeded all my flower beds (except for some of the pesky snow-on-the-mountain that grows within the pachysandra--only got about half of that); I pulled out a ton of garlic mustard at the house next door; I mowed the lawn of the house next door; G. straightened the gutters and attached the rain barrel;

3. Got the kids signed up for library summer programs, and C. and T. for guitar lessons. I think our summer schedule is set now!

4. Had a quick night "out" with G. We had mojitos and lettuce wraps at CPK. Yum!

No comments: