Thursday, August 28, 2008

8/28/08

1. I had an appointment early this morning, and C. agreed to watch the other two so I could run to Target and Costco (since I was so close). It's fun to browse w/o having anything I have to buy and I did find a few things.

2. Took T. and M. to the elementary school and they met their teachers, and then we stopped at the Middle School so C. could show T. the media center (where he will be spending the first part of each day before Math begins).

3. Went to a "reception" for Substitute Teachers in the district; it's nice to be appreciated! And pay went up $3 a day from last year. :)

4. M's first soccer practice. She was SO excited-and looked so cute!

5. Book Club--third meeting of our block's book club. I'm so glad to have started this group and to have an excuse to meet with this wonderful bunch of women.

6. Obama's speech. wow. that's all.

1 comment:

mamafitz said...

the kids met their teachers? did you just do that on their own? i didn't see any info about coming to see the classroom and drop off supplies like last year (and i looked through all the paperwork a few times to be sure!)